I don’t know you but I do know you want facial exercises to tighten skin, I know just what works.
Our faces are so beautiful and firm until we start to age. The skin gets wrinkly, you’ve probably noticed that already.
If you’ve ever looked for a natural cure for sagging skin, you’ve probably heard about facial exercises.
The idea behind facial exercise, or facial yoga, is the same as that of exercises for other parts of the body.
Your face is made up of over 50 distinct muscles, and unlike the rest of your body, many of these facial muscles aren’t very much in use.
By doing frequent facial workouts, you stimulate blood circulation to the various parts of the face, renewing the oxygen supply in the muscles and skin.
This will give you a wonderful healthy glow and a bright complexion and also tighten your skin.
Furthermore, frequent face muscle workouts increase blood flow and so deliver nutrients to your skin cells, stimulating skin cell renewal and preventing wrinkles.
5 Benefits of Facial Exercises
There are really good reasons you should do facial exercises. Here are 5 benefits of facial exercises
- Blood circulation is improved.
- Any tightness in the face and neck is relieved.
- Firms and tightens the skin of the face.
- The muscles in your face are strengthened.
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles
5 Facial Exercises to Tighten Skin
Here are facial exercises that can tighten and tone your skin.
1. Lift the folds around your nose
- Smile as wide as you can and put your fingers into the space between your nose and lips.
- To lift up the muscles, press your fingertips into the muscles to get them to move against your hand.
This can help to strengthen your cheek muscles, giving you full, round cheeks, which are a typical symbol of freshness.
2. Brow raiser
The brow raiser gives your brows a perk and keeps them in place.
Aging and continual wincing may cause the brows to droop, but you can train them to cooperate and remain elevated with a few easy actions.
Taut brows are a desired attribute among most women, and here is how you may get them.
- Join your index and middle fingers.
- Push the skin down with your fingertips right above the brows.
- Make your brows move up and down, generating tension with your fingers pulling down.
- Repeat for six sets of ten brow lifts and lower each set.
3. Cheek squeeze
The fish face is not only for your silly selfie, they are actually really great facial exercises.
- Tilt your head all the way back. Push your chin forward, but don’t strain your neck too much.
- Make a fish face but don’t bite down on your lips or tongue. Suck your cheeks in.
- Do this for 10-15 sets, with five seconds of ‘fish face’ in between.
4. Vowel sounds
These moves work the muscles around the mouth and on the sides of the lips.
Open your mouth wide and say “O,” then “E.”
Scream if you have to but avoid showing or touching your teeth.
Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
5. Neck curl up
Consider this an abdominal curl for your neck. It is performed while laying on your back with your tongue placed on the roof of your mouth.
This stimulates the muscles in the front of the neck.
Bring your chin to your chest and then raise your head, say 2 inches off the ground.
Don’t lift your stomach or stick your chin out.
Begin with three sets of ten repetitions and gradually increase to more.
Take your time since these muscles are often undeveloped and may cause neck discomfort if you attempt to do too much too quickly.
6. Smooth out your forehead
Make a frown as hard as you can in an effort to bring your eyebrows over your eyes and closer together.
Then lift your eyebrows high and widen your eyes. Repeat these moves five times each.
When you do facial yoga, you strengthen the muscles in your face and neck, which makes them look and feel better.
It also boosts blood flow and tones facial muscles.
Simple breathing exercises are all you need.
The best thing about facial yoga is that you can do facial workouts that target specific parts of your face that you want to work on.
Face yoga exercises can help you get rid of wrinkles around your eyes, crow’s feet, and frown lines.
As an example of facial yoga, you can warm your hands up by rubbing them together.
Then, you put your palms over your closed eyes and hold them there for at least a couple of minutes while you breathe deeply.
Take a few deep breaths. This way, you can ease the tension around your eye.
Does facial yoga actually work?
The face is similar to any other muscle, if you want to see changes, you must be consistent.
This is also true with face yoga. If you want results, you must maintain a regular face exercise routine.
So yes, facial yoga does work.
It is good for tightening and rejuvenating parts of your face that are more likely to show signs of aging, like your eyes, forehead, and cheeks.
Try to do 15-20 minutes of facial yoga every day, take my word for it.
If you don’t have time for 20 minutes of face yoga every day, consider a 10-minute routine before and after work to fit it into your hectic schedule.
Benefits of Facial Yoga
Let’s find out what your face stands to gain from yoga.
1. Natural face lift
A facelift is a cosmetic operation that tightens the skin on the face to make it seem younger. Let’s just say, facial yoga is a natural alternative.
Face workouts tighten the muscles in your face, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and generating a firmer, tighter appearance.
2. Boosts self-confidence
Wrinkles and signs of aging can make people less confident, even though this is an important and beautiful part of life.
When the signs of aging start to show, facial yoga and face workouts can help by tightening the skin.
3. Body well being
In the same way that yoga can be very relaxing and therapeutic, facial yoga has the same effect.
It reduces stress and boosts self-esteem. Both of these things can have positive effects on both your body and mind.
How to Tighten Face Skin Naturally: 5 Home Remedies for Skin Tightening
Although you cannot reverse the aging process, you can lessen the sagging. Here are some natural home methods for tightening sagging skin.
1. Egg white and honey
If your skin is sagging because it doesn’t have enough protein, egg white can help.
It rebuilds the cells in your skin.
- Mix the egg white and honey together well. Put this mixture on your face and neck.
- Then, wash it off with cold water. Do this three times a month.
2. Rosemary oil and cucumber
Rosemary oil helps to tone your skin and improve blood flow. It’s rich in antioxidants so it slows down the skin’s aging and makes it more elastic.
- Peel the cucumber
- Now, make it into a smooth paste.
- Add rosemary oil to it.
- Rub it on your face and neck.
- When you are done with it, use lukewarm water to wash it off. Do this every week.
3. Oil massage
Oil massage will not only make your skin tighter, but it will also make it smoother and clearer.
Olive oil is good for massaging because it has vitamin E and A in it, so you can use it.
- Take the olive oil and put it in a small container. Then, heat it up
- Use it to massage your face for about 10 minutes.
- Dip a clean cloth in lukewarm water, and then use it to wipe your face clean.
Related: 20 Best Body Oil For A Glowing Skin
4. Primrose Oil
Primrose oil has gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) in it, which helps make collagen and reduces, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Take a few drops of primrose oil and massage your face and neck in upward strokes.
- The massage should go on for five to seven minutes.
- Let it sit on your face overnight.
- Do this before you go to sleep every night.
5. Banana Mask
Iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A, B, C, and D are all found in bananas.
Mashed, ripe bananas may be used to tighten skin since their minerals and vitamins have anti-aging qualities.
It also hydrates and smoothes the skin.
- Mash the banana and massage it into your face and neck.
- You may also add a few drops of lemon juice to the mashed bananas.
- Let it sit on your face for around 15 minutes before washing it off with water.
- For best results, use this pack twice a week.
Now you know the exercises you could do to tighten your face skin, are you still worried about your sagging facial skin? Definitely not.
And if you don’t want to try exercises, use the home remedies we’ve listed. They work.
If you still have questions about this article? Kindly drop it in the comment box below, we will be happy to help you.